About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

87. Friendship Bracelets

I saw a photo of a friendship bracelet today, while surfing the internet and it made me think; So Christina wants to design jewelry when she grows up... Friendship bracelets should be a very good place to start! I remember making them when I was young and really enjoying it. Plus she always wants to give her friends small tokens of her friendship. These would be ideal to give to her BFFs and it wouldn't cost me a fortune. It also keeps her busy and creative!
I remembered that she got a Friendship Bracelet kit last year (either for her birthday or for Christmas) but she never really tried it. She was probably waiting for me to teach her how to do it. The problem is that the only kind of friendship bracelets I remembered how to do were the ones you make with a simple braid or with square knots. Unfortunately, these two methods are not the "cool" ones. But in her kit came an instruction book with lots of different patterns. So I taught her how to make the simplest one.
She took to it pretty quickly and was able to finish one in about 45 minutes. Now she wants to make some for her friends and is even thinking about "selling" them to kids at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment