About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Friday, March 4, 2011

62. Roots

Nicholas had his first Track Meet yesterday. He was not happy about his performance; He texted me : "I didn't place in either event". But today, he found out his results and realized that he had improved his time in the 1 mile by a full minute since last year! We all know that he is not a fast runner but Track is a way to improve his speed for longer distances. Cross Country, his new love, is a 3 miles race. Hopefully, running in Track meets will translate in Cross Country next season.
In the meantime, he is having fun, making new friends and keeping in shape while improving his running speed. Tomorrow, he is participating in the 4X800m Relay and the Long Distance Medley at the Canyon Cowboys Invitational. When I asked him why he volunteer for the 4X800m Relay (since he is not a very fast runner), he said to me: "Why not?". It certainly will be fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment