About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

80. Self Portrait 1

The first photo I posted on this Blog was a picture of Nicholas and me. Since then, I have not posted any more photographs of myself. Probably because I spend most of my time behind the camera! So today, I decided to try and take some self portraits. This is one of the first photo I took, while trying to set up the camera. It's not your typical portrait, but I like it.
Last night, the boys had an orthodontist appointment and began Phase 2 of their treatment; Nicholas got his bottom braces and Anthony got his top teeth wired for the first time. Right away, I could tell this was going to be a couple of rough days for them; at dinner, Anthony was already complaining that his front teeth were hurting. 
This morning, Nicholas reported that the pain woke him up in the middle of the night! And Anthony teared up after taking a spoonful of oatmeal (oatmeal!!!) and complained that his teeth were really sore.
It's in those instants that I feel powerless. It's hard to see your kids suffering... especially when there is nothing you can do. I wish I could make the pain go away, but all I can do is give them some Motrin and hope that it's enough. So I packed them some soup for lunch, and promised them a fruit smoothie when they got back home from school. At least, that seemed to cheer Anthony up!

No comments:

Post a Comment