About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

75. St-Patrick's Day

Today, March 17th, was St-Patrick's Day. Originally, it was a religious holiday, celebrating Saint Patrick, patron Saint of Ireland. But over the years, it has become a celebration of Irish Culture in general. Personally, I don't really celebrate this day, other than wearing green for the occasion. So when it came time to take some photos for this Blog post, I first thought of photographing things that are green.
But then I remembered this Care Bear. His name is Lucky and he was mine when I was young. I don't remember who gave it to me and how old I was. But I remember that I used it as a good luck charm. It must of meant more to me, than my other stuffed animals and dolls because for some reason, I kept it all these years!
And then, when Christina was into Care Bears, a few years ago, I gave it to her.  She had a few other Care Bears and would cuddle with them from time to time. But now, all her Care Bear collection sits on the upper shelf in her closet and collects dust. When she cleaned up her room, in January, she wanted to donate all of them to Goodwill. But I wouldn't let her. I guess, Care Bears and especially this Lucky Bear still have sentimental value for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment