About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Friday, March 18, 2011

76. Pre-school

I have a client who attends Tutor Time; The same daycare where Anthony and Christina went. Most of the teachers who taught Anthony and Christina left. But a few are still there and they do remember me. They don't remember my name or my kids' names but they remember my face. But today, I saw one of Christina's teacher and not only did she recognize me, but she remembered Christina.
We started reminiscing and I realized that it has been almost 5 years since Christina left Tutor Time. She started in the toddler room and graduated from pre-school at Tutor Time. She loved her school and loved her teachers. What's not to like? They would read her stories, let her play dress up and would rub her back at nap time... I remember these things because she would come home and do the same with her dolls. She would sit them in a circle and read them stories, making sure to show them the pictures. And she would lay them down, cover them with a blanket and rub their backs. It's like the quote: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". I guess she wouldn't pretend to be a teacher if they weren't nice to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment