About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

109. Old Girl!

Catie is really getting old!
She will be fourteen years old this Summer
and she is definitely slowing down;
she is hard of hearing, 
she has cataracts in both eyes,
and her poor legs are probably pretty tired.
She still comes for our morning walk everyday, 
but I can tell that it takes a lot of effort. 
She has a hard time getting up, especially from the hard wood floor.
Going up the stairs is slow and labored,
and she sleeps all day long.
She still enjoys getting a good scratch behind the ears 
and follows me around the house as much as she can.
Allan thinks that she will pass before next Christmas...
I hope not! I hope that she still has a few more years to go.
But one thing is for sure, the second half of her life has been pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment