About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

105. Heat

Christina's soccer team, the Green & White Dynamite, is participating in the Santa Clarita Showdown this weekend. They had two games today; one this morning which they lost 3-1 and one this afternoon which they lost by so many points that I stopped counting! It was very hot (in the 90s) and our team didn't do well in the hot sun! Christina played very well in the morning game and despite the heat, she fought hard the first two quarters that she played. Unfortunately, one of our player hurt her wrist during the second quarter and wasn't able to finish the game. The coaches had to make substitutions which meant that Christina had to play a third quarter in a row. Well, my little girl really needs her break and towards the end of the third quarter, she went down. 
I know she was tired and probably a little dehydrated; She doesn't like to drink water and I have to constantly remind her to drink more! I just wish she could have finished the third quarter without all the drama!
They have one more game to play tomorrow. The temperature is supposed to be much cooler (in the 70s). Hopefully they can have a good game... One that they can be proud of. I don't expect them to win, but we all want them to be competitive while still having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment