About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

108. Peeps

Stopped at Walmart today, to get some groceries, and saw these Peeps. They immediately took me back to about 10 years ago, when I was the coach of the LA Express, an Adult Synchronized Skating Team. The Nationals were always in April, and around Easter.  One of the team's tradition was to decorate the doors of each skater's hotel room with posters and Peeps!
At first, it was just to show our team spirit... But over the years, it became a farce. Every year, I looked forward to opening my door on the second day to see how creative the Party committee had been that year!

So today, I couldn't resist buying a few of these (even though I am not a fan of this delicacy!). And when I came home, I took out my photo album from my years with the LA Express and started to reminisce. I coached the LA Express from 1994 to 2002. I met this amazing group only 5 days after moving to the USA! Although I am still in touch with many of the skaters, mostly via Facebook, I miss the collective group!


No comments:

Post a Comment