About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Monday, April 11, 2011

100. Fire

When I was a little girl, figure skating was my passion. I loved it! I loved being on the ice, I loved watching skating on t.v., I just couldn't get enough. If I could have, I would have skated every day! There was a fire burning inside of me and the flame couldn't be put out.
Am I the exception? I don't see the same fire in my kids; sure, Nicholas loves soccer and running, but I never see him practice on his own. He goes to all the practices and that's enough for him.
With Anthony and Christina, it's even worse... They barely put in enough effort to get by. They both have great skills and if they wanted to, they could be very good soccer players. But that would require more effort and more practice time and they are just not committed enough for that. Is it because they haven't found the sport that they really like? Maybe. Anthony tried baseball and basketball also. But neither was the right sport. I signed him up for volleyball to see if that might be something he would like. And Christina really likes theater. And she is a pretty good actress. But that's not a sport! She also tried figure skating, ballet, gymnastic and none of these lasted more than a few months. The only reason she is playing soccer is because we told her that she has to play a sport. But maybe, like Anthony, she needs to try something else. Who knows... All I know is that I am disappointed that none of my kids have found their true passion. The one thing that they live for, like figure skating was for me. I guess they are still young. They still have plenty of time to find something that will ignite their flame!

No comments:

Post a Comment