About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

57. What a Difference!

Christina was a completely different player today.
What a difference a day make... And a little talk with mom and dad about what it means to be on a team! After Christina's embarrassing multiple meltdowns yesterday, Allan and I had a long talk about the importance of staying on your feet. We reminded her that when she is down and not getting up quickly, her team is down one player. We also reminded her that if she cries when she is not really hurt, people won't take her seriously when she is really hurt! And finally, we told her that from now on, if Coach Donald has to go on the field to help her up, she will have to sit out for the rest of that quarter. I think that did it, because Christina had one of the best game I've ever seen her play; She didn't score any goals and didn't even have an assist. But she hustled and tried her best the whole game. She was tough, stayed on her feet and didn't quit.
Everyone noticed... Even one of the field monitors who said to me after half time: "Wow! Your daughter is tough and she never quits!" That comment alone made my day! I told Christina at least 20 times already that I am very proud of her and that I want her to remember how it feels to play hard and give it all you've got. Hopefully she has learned a lesson this weekend and will continue to play hard for the rest of her soccer career!

No comments:

Post a Comment