About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

49. Hail

When I first moved to California, I found it very funny that people would call rain a "winter storm". Even more funny was the media going on "Storm Watch"! Over the years, I have experienced first hand how much rain can fall in only a few minutes, causing flooding and mud slide. A winter storm can also be accompanied by heavy winds, which in Santa Clarita can be an understatement! Last night was one of those stormy nights with heavy rain and winds and I had some difficulties falling asleep. I woke up to sunny skies and it stayed that way all morning. But this afternoon, the rain came back and this time it was mixed with hail. I tried taking some photos but by the time I had my camera out, the hail had stopped. And unlike the snow we got in early January, the hail didn't stay long on the ground before melting away. And as I write this post, the rain has stopped, the winds have died down and the sky is clearing up. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be nice... Not too cold and sunny would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment