About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

33. Lost Hat

Last night, Christina had dressed rehearsal for Peter Pan; She has been rehearsing all week but yesterday, for the first time, she got to wear her Nana costume (which the theater company provides). She is also playing a "Lost Boy" as part of the Ensemble cast and has a different costume (that we provide) for this part.
I dropped her off with her "Lost Boy" costume in hand and wished her luck. That was at 5:30 PM. They were finally let out of the theater at 10:25 PM! Immediately, I could tell that she had been crying: Her mascara was all smudged. When I asked her how it went, she teared up and said "it was not a very good night for me". Apparently, her Nana costume includes a mouth piece which covers her mouth and her nose and is made of fur. She said that it was too tight and she couldn't breath with it. She was also very disappointed that she didn't get a microphone. I guess they expect her to bark loud enough for everyone to hear! And to top it all off, she lost her Lost Boy hat and one of her sock! I sent her to bed ( by then it was 11:00 PM) and told her not to worry. This is why we have dressed rehearsal; So they can fix any "wardrobe malfunction". The socks are easily replaceable. As for the lost hat, we went back to the theater today and found it. Now all she needs is a good night sleep so she can have a good performance tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment