About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

129. What a week!

First, Blogger has been having some technical difficulties and I wasn't able to post for the last two days! It's OK though because I was having some major creative difficulties! It's getting harder to find things that are interesting for me to photograph. I was having "photographer's block". But then, on Thursday night, something major happened... Christina broke her wrist in practice.
She went to soccer practice with Allan. They were gone for about 25 minutes when I got a call from Allan saying that Christina hurt herself pretty bad at practice. Now, with Christina, you never know how serious it is because of her Drama Queen act! But when I saw her arm, I could tell it was broken right away!
So we went to the Urgent Care to get some X-Rays and sure enough, she has a fracture of the distal radius (the bigger bone in the forearm). They put a splint on and bandaged her pretty good and sent us home to wait for a referral to the orthopedist.
Good thing our Medical Group is pretty good... at 8:05 AM the next morning I got a call asking when we wanted to go see the orthopedist. So yesterday, we went and got a cast on (see next post for photo). 
She is doing fine, not in pain. She will have the cast on for 5 weeks and the doctor doesn't want her to do any physical activity for at least the first week to make sure that the bones are healing in the proper alignment. Unfortunately, 5 weeks means that her soccer season is over! I guess a little break won't kill her!

No comments:

Post a Comment