About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

278. The End

Today was bitter sweet for Nicholas; It was his team's last game of the season. Since his knee is still bothering him, he didn't play. But we still drove downtown Los Angeles to watch the game and cheer his team mates on.
It was also his last chance to play Club soccer; He has decided to quit soccer and concentrate on Cross country and Track. I have to admit, I am relieved and sad at the same time. I have always enjoyed watching him play but lately, I was always worried that he would hurt himself and that an injury from soccer would interfere with his running. So, while I am sad that he is no longer playing soccer, I am pleased with his decision to concentrate on running.
Running has become a passion for him. I can see it in his eyes and the way he talks about it. He is really enjoying running and I hope that he continues to improve. His goal: getting recruited by a College Cross Country team. And quitting soccer is definitely a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment