About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

218.Responsibilities

Our neighbors have a little Corgi named Pixie. She is very cute and Christina loves to spend time with her. So when they asked if Christina could take care of Pixie for a week while they went away on vacation, she gladly said "yes".
Her responsibilities included: taking Pixie out in the morning, feeding her, walking/playing with her and putting her in her crate for the night. 
At first, I went with her to make sure that she could do it by herself. But after a few days, I let her go next door by herself. I would go later in the morning (don't tell Christina) to check and make sure that Pixie had fresh water and was doing OK. But every time, it was all good. I also went on a few walks with them. But I quickly noticed that Pixie was very responsive to Christina; In fact, most of the time, she would ignore me! So after a few days, I felt pretty confident that Christina was doing a good job!
Bill and Vanessa, our neighbors, came back today. So this morning, I went with Christina and took a few photos of Pixie. It was very cute to watch Pixie following Christina around in the backyard. I was also entertained by the two of them playing fetch!
As you can see on the photos, Pixie is a little overweight and Vanessa asked Christina if should would be willing to take Pixie for a walk a few days per week. And I was very happy to hear that Christina has agreed to do it. It will be beneficial for both of them, I am sure; Pixie gets to exercise while Christina learns about responsibilities!


No comments:

Post a Comment