About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Monday, August 15, 2011

212. Back to School Supplies

Went shopping with the kids today to get them some Back to School Supplies. I can't believe school starts this week! Christina is excited and I think the boys are ready. Nicholas is entering 10th Grade, Sophomore year. He will start school at 7:00AM and should be done with all his classes by lunch time. He has a free period after lunch to do homework and then Cross Country Practice.
Anthony is entering Middle School and I am a little worried about him... He is so forgetful, I have a feeling the first semester will be an adjustment period. Let's hope that he gets in the habit of writing down his homework and assignments!
Christina is going into 5th Grade and is hoping to be in the 5th/6th split class! I don't really care, since I know that she will do fine in any class she is in!
It's amazing how fast they are growing... Just today, I was cleaning up and found some old stories that the kids wrote when they were younger.
Anthony's "Runaway Turkey" story is one of my favorite; And he wrote it when he was in Kindergarten!
Nicholas' "Roller Coaster Ride" was such a great poem and he won the first prize at the District level when he was just in 4th Grade!
And just yesterday, Christina read "The Prince and the Plum" to grandpa and grandma; She won the Young Authors contest when she was in second Grade and had it published into a book!
All three of them have a very active imagination and are extremely creative. Hopefully, it will come in handy in the profession that they chose!

No comments:

Post a Comment