About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Friday, June 24, 2011

168. Snowy Egret

I took this picture at the beach on Wednesday. I had never seen this kind of bird at the beach before. I have seen many seagulls, crows, and other scavengers. But not this one. After a little research, I believe it to be a snowy egret. It was interesting to watch him go after small fish in the shallow water. And this one wasn't too shy either! He let me get pretty close before flying away...
I wish I had more time and patience to photograph wild birds and animals. Maybe when the kids are older and I don't have to worry about them all the time. But by then, I might be just too old to sit there and wait for the perfect moment to capture! In the meantime, I'll just keep making these simple images of birds and animals that cross my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment