About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

241. Pride

Yesterday, Nicholas participated in the Woodbridge Invitational Cross Country Meet, in Costa Mesa, CA. This is the biggest Cross Country Invitational in the state. He was one of 5 Sophomores from Golden Valley to attend the 3 miles race. His race,  was a Sophomore only race and the total number of participants was over 250! I couldn't be there since Christina had a soccer game at the same time, so Allan went with him.
I'm sorry I missed it... He ran a personal best of 16:50 minutes, ranking 46/250+! I couldn't believe it... That's more than 1 minute faster than his previous personal record of 18:05 minutes.
Needless to say that Allan and I are very proud of him. His coaches were pretty surprised and very happy. And of course, Nicholas was ecstatic! He came home with a medal, and a huge smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment