About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

185. Rolling Blackouts

Edison, our electrical company had warned us that today, there was going to be "rolling blackouts" in our neighborhood. So I wasn't surprised to see that the power was out when I came home form work. What I wasn't prepared for was having no power for 4.5 hours. Usually, rolling blackouts don't last that long! Thankfully, it was a pretty cool day, so we didn't miss not having the A/C working.
But the kids had no idea what to do; no television, computer, or video games! All we had left to do was play board games.
So we played a game of Scrabble. I love Scrabble. And Anthony likes it too. Nicholas and Christina joined us because there was nothing else to do. Amazingly, we had a great time! I guess the boys are learning that winning is not as important as enjoying each other's company! In the past, the game always ended with someone in tears (mostly Nicholas). But it looks like my oldest child has finally overcome his "sore looser" attitude and is now able to enjoy a good game even if he doesn't win!
Anthony won by only a few points! I came in second place, followed by Nicholas and Christina. But the score really didn't really matter today... It was just fun to play and be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment