About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

263. Driving

I did a lot of driving today: I drove about 240 miles, all in one day! Started my driving by taking Nicholas to Mt San Antonio College for an Cross Country Invitational. He was taking part in the prestigious Division 1 & 2 Mt SAC JV National race. Each school who enters in the Varsity race is allowed to enter their second best team in the JV Nationals. He finished the race in 17:10 min. despite the fact that he threw up halfway through the race! It was a tough course with fierce competition. He finished 67th out of 140 runners, some of the best in the country! He was unhappy with his result; He was hoping for a medal. But Allan and I are very proud of him and we hope that he continues to improve.
We got back home for a quick lunch before taking Christina to her soccer game in Malibu. I am always amazed at how different the weather can be within Southern California; In the morning, at Mt SAC, it was in the 80ยบ and getting hotter. In Malibu, it was overcast, windy and the fog was rolling in during the game. Christina's team won the game 4-2. Christina was called for "handling" in the keeper's box and the referee awarded a penalty kick to the other team. This resulted and a goal and Christina was very upset... So upset that she was crying. She was holding her wrist and said that she was hurt, but I know my girl and this was just an excuse because she was embarassed. She was pulled out of the game by the referee. That made her even more upset... She eventually returned to the game and played well.
Anthony's soccer team also won their game 4-0 which puts them in first place! Allan was pretty happy and said that Anthony played well.
So I guess overall, it was a pretty good day, despite all the driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment