About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mom, an occupational therapist and a photographer.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

251. Comfort Food on a Rainy Day

Yesterday was a rainy day and I was in the mood for some comfort food; So I made a pot roast and apple crisp for desert. As I sat down to watch a little bit of news while everything was cooking, I heard a funny "beap" coming from the oven. I got up to check and saw an error message on the display. I tried to open the door to check on the food but it was locked! After a little internet research, I found out that the error code means that the temperature sensor is misbehaving and I need to call a repairman. Still couldn't open the door...
Finally, after some time, when the temperature was down enough, it unlocked. But by that time, the apple crisp was kind of burnt on the top and the apples were not quite cooked enough! What a bummer! I tried to microwave it but the result was not very good. I was able to salvage the pot roast by transferring it into my crock pot. We just had to eat a little later than planned. So I guess it wasn't a total disaster.
I guess I will have to make another apple crisp sometime soon. That's OK. I like to make it with McIntosh apples anyways. They are much sweeter and cook much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment